Is EmPOWWERment a Real Thing?

 Let's EmPOWWER More Young Ladies TODAY...


Teaching young ladies lifeskills beyond the classroom setting is a MUST! The Princess Within girls leadership conference girlsrpearls21.eventbrite.com was to created to do just that ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16TH 11AM TO 4PM, FOR REGISTERED GUESTS AT girlsrpearls21.eventbrite.com. Virtual seats available once we reach venue capacity



On this evenings video at facebook.com/TPWEvent I shared how I didnt' even know there was a program, a college major, a whole industry with a bunch of career options on and about fashion until I was in my late 20's early 30's and started really paying attention to the 'Business of Fashion.' Lisa Mitchell's workshop will be equipping young ladies with knowledge to empower them in their CAREER development.




 As that 7 to 10yo I simply loved sewing together fabric I had left over from the bottoms of my school pants once I cut them to shorts for the Summer. I took those scraps and made dolls clothing outfits, coats, shoes, hats, you name it. Something I loved doing. But as I mentioned, I didn't know that was a career or business choice...because no one told me. Sierra Walker, Dana's Daughters will be sharing information in the ENTREPRENEURSHIP Workshop. Check out more great workshops, activities, exhibitors, vendors at girlsrpearls21.eventbrite.com





A few years after that I learned how to hand-sew pillows by 'Ma Pearl' my neighborhood friends' grandmother, who would bring us 12 to 16 year olds girls from the neighborhood, in off the streets when the street lights came on early. THAT WAS ABOUT IT FOR OUR SAFETY TRAINING ---- WE DISCUSS 'TAKING IT TO THE STREETS: THE STATE OF OUR GIRLS' IN THE HOT TOPICS PANEL DISCUSSION. It was around this time of year that Ma Pearl would gather us. I  recently discovered, Ma Pearl is the church Mother in my godson's ministry ---- boy what a full circle moment. 


I'm sharing this because who knew, the experience I gained umpteen years ago would help propel and prompt me to create The Princess Within based on the very set up i took part in back then. Besides it being God's assignment to me expanding girls teaching ministry beyond the 4 walls of the church, for the much needed work into the community --- it's also to recreate the impact the 'Ma Pearl' teaching exp erience and the learning lifestyle and skills building atmosphere her kindness had upon me! Passionate Community Leaders just like her will be at the conference sharing their Subject Matter Experise to equip girls!



Let's emPOWWER them and create positive lasting impressions upon the young ladies we have a connection with. Register someone girlsrpearls21.eventbrite.com. And 20 years from now, who knows, they may be typing this very same type of note. 'Bold. Brilliant. Beautiful. are our girls and we want them to come be celebrated for that! Whether they have their own business and want to speak up about it on the Teen Boss panel, or Model in the TPW2021 Runway, with a surprise Mom & Daughter Duo kickoff, It starts somewhere. "Be the Change!" We encourage PRE-REGISTRATION to get an accurate luncheon count, gift bag prep and to avoid paying a premium at the door. Blessings,


 

 

Shell

D Shelley McDuffie

 

PLEASE DONATE -- WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!

CASH APP $TPWgirlsrpearls

PAYPAL.ME/girlsrpearls

Comments

Popular Posts